Sunday, July 24, 2011

Waiting for Sullivan

Here are a few things we've been doing to pass the time while we wait for Max's little brother to arrive...

1) Max is learning to sort colors using his magnetic letters.
Unfortunately spelling SULLIVAN isn't quite at his skill level yet so I helped with that :)

2) We made this chain to count down the days until my due date.
Max just likes the act of pulling/tearing the paper. I tell him every evening that we're "one day closer!!!" which makes him clap with excitement, but I don't think he actually knows what exactly we're one day closer to.

I have a feeling (wishful thinking??) that we won't make it to the last link on the chain...

4) Max loves to kiss Sullivan and point to my belly and say "baby".


Love for Sully.



Going in for a big kiss.

Every night when he goes to bed I tell him to say goodnight to Sullivan. He pats my tummy and says "nigh-nigh Van".

5) There are scribbles of Sullivan's name throughout the house on random pieces of paper, coloring books and the backs of bills. I write his full name spelled out, then his initials, and even nicknames..."Sully" or "Van". Even our walkway is welcoming him in sidewalk chalk. And I'm so happy to say that we finally chose a middle name for him that feels right...


Random pic: The day we moved into the new house they were pouring concrete on the sidewalk out front. I caught it just before it was too dry etch our name in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment