Monday, November 1, 2010

"I'll eat you up, I love you so"

I adore this quote from the book "Where the Wild Things Are". I think it very simply describes how it feels to really, overwhelmingly love someone. A similar quote was coined by my friend Lisa P. When talking about a cute baby, dog or other small creature, she always says "I want to squeeze him 'til his head pops off!" Sounds kinda weird but everyone knows that feeling when the cuteness or the amount of love you feel is just too much to handle. Or...maybe we're just weird?

Anyway, Max was a fabulous Max thanks to Grandma Murray's help with the costume. It turned out so cute. She sewed on the buttons, tail and claws. I made the crown and the "boat" both at the last minute on Sunday afternoon even though it had been on my "to-do" list since the begining of October.


Lolli and GG stopped by to see Max in his costume.

We Trick-Or-Treated around the neighborhood and collected some goodies with the help of the older cousins. Too bad Max is too young to eat any of the candy his cuteness earned him. What WILL we do with it?
We had a great time at the Murray's house and seeing all of the cousins dressed up. The kids looked adorable!

This picture makes me want to squeeze him until his head pops off.

This is a pic from earlier in the day. Max was getting into character by reading the book and hanging out with his stuffed "Max".
Also, I thought I'd share photos of our afternoon at Operation Breakthrough. Aunt Erin invited us to volunteer this past Thursday. We were so excited to help pass out candy to the cutest kids ever! Max went as Curious George (thanks, Colleen, for letting us borrow Finn's costume!) and I was "the Man in the Yellow Hat".


Lisa and Jocelyn went as a burger and fries and Erin went as a giant pumpkin.
We also got together to carve pumpkins this past Friday night. We made it into a fun adult activity after the dude went to bed.

I don't know how Max would rate this Halloween but it goes down in my memory as one of the best I've ever had.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the man in a yellow hat t-shirt??? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we'd like to use this Man In the Yellow Hat photo on a blog post about Literary Halloween Costumes! Can we get your permission? My email is available on my Google Profile page. You guys look great! Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete