Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Feeling a little sad

When I logged on to my blog account I was going to write about something happy, but I've had a change of heart. I was just reading a story online about a little boy who lost his battle with cancer. It shook me to the core and I can't focus on writing about anything else. Why do things like this have to happen to the smallest and most innocent beings? It just doesn't make sense. I have asked God more times than I can count to please let Max grow to be a very old man, to let his heart experience the same kind of love I feel for him and maybe, if possible, let Billy and I be around long enough to see that happen.

My heart aches for that little boy's parents who won't get to watch their son grow up. I have to think that there is a reason for things like this. I'm not sure what those reasons could be, but sometimes the only thing that keeps me from feeling so incredibly small is putting my faith in something big. So I said a prayer today for that little boy and his family. I know there are many families that go through this kind of heartbreak. Too many. Some people even within our own families have suffered losses that are unimaginable. I just wanted to write about this to express how incredibly thankful I feel for each day that I get with the people I love.

And now that I've written the most depressing blog post ever I will try to redeem myself with a hopelessly cute picture of Max to cheer you up. I'm so grateful for this little man in my life.

Max wearing Billy's baby hoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment