Sunday, May 8, 2011

Becoming a mother again

You know what the best thing about being a momma is? You get to always be one. It's not a phase in life like being a teenager or being in your twenties that quickly passes you by...it's permanent.

I can't stop thinking about how excited I am to become a mom again. To have the chance to bring another life into the world is an honor that I will never stop being thankful for. Max's birth was the single most defining experience of my life so far. It was the most physical. The most emotional. The most painful. And the most rewarding. I imagine most women would describe it this way regardless of how their little one came into the world (drugs, no drugs, c-section, etc). I know every birthing experience takes enormous amounts of courage. And every mom should be proud of that.

It sounds odd, but I'm looking forward to being in labor again. Don't get me wrong...its the most ridiculous pain I've ever felt, but it's not a "bad" pain (if that makes any since at all??).

I'm excited for all the aspects of becoming a momma times two. Some people are quick to point out that two kids means two times the dirty diapers, twice the expense and half the sleep. There's that. And two times the little smiles, twice the tiny, dimpled booty cheeks (my favorite part of all babies!) and exponentially more love.

I can honestly say our inital reaction of feeling surprised and unprepared for this pregnancy now seems like a very distant memory. I find myself thinking "I can't believe this wasn't our idea!" on a regular basis because it feels so right for our family.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Momma's out there! I hope you're getting all the love and pampering you deserve :)

1 comment: