Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Donut run.

We decided to treat ourselves to a sugar rush early on Sunday morning. Now that we've let Max eat an entire chocolate cake, we don't feel so protective about keeping him away from sugar.

Of course we can't just make things easy and swing by the grocery store or the Lamar's located 5 minutes from our house to satisfy our craving. We had to seek out the fabled "Donut King". I had no idea where it was, but we discovered that its conveniently located next to Diamond Joe's (and if you don't already know what that is, I'm not going to tell you :)

It earned points with me immediately when I saw that the exterior was purple...

"And I'll take one of those..."


Max helping himself. Why did we feel the need to get a dozen?


He had his eye on the cream filled bizmark, but I encouraged him to pick the plain cake donut instead.


And I guess a little chocolate donut hole couldn't hurt either.

We were home and back under the covers before 8:30 AM. We snuggled for a bit, but Max wanted to play. I think he was buzzing from all the sugar and excitement of an early morning outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment