Monday, December 13, 2010

Double-Digits!


Max is the big 1-0! He's learning something new every day now. I can't believe what a little sponge he is. The other afternoon I asked him where the car was just to see what he'd do and he pointed out the front door! Could have been a fluke...so then I asked him where Oliver was and he looked around and pointed to where Oliver was laying on the window seat. I'm not sure when/how he picked up on this?? When we read books he points to everything on each page and then looks up at me waiting for me to tell him what each thing is. I feel like we're really beginning to understand each other. He seems to know a lot of simple phrases and he communicates what he wants by speaking in his own little "language"and he even signs "more" when he wants another bite. Every time I turn around he's doing something that leaves me thinking, "Holy smokes - this kid is amazing."

This weekend we celebrated his 10 month birthday by taking him to Crown Center. We had lunch at Crayola Cafe and saw Santa!

Max's reaction to hearing we were going to see Santa. :)
Having lunch at Crayola Cafe.
He loved the Mac & Cheese.
After lunch we went to see Santa and the line was ridiculously long. People at the front of the line had been waiting nearly 2 hours. So Dada got in line for us and Max and I went window shopping.
By the time we were done examining each and every store front, Dad was at the front of the line. I was so excited to see what Max's reaction to Santa would be. I have to admit, a little part of me hoped he'd freak out so I could get one of those hilarious pictures you see of kids losing it on Santa's lap. Sick, I know. But he was his normal laid back self. He really didn't have much of a reaction at all. Just starred up at him for awhile and then barely cracked a smile for the camera. A little anticlimactic :) Oh well. I guess I'm lucky to have such an easy going dude.

1 comment:

  1. Red cable knit jumper and a comb over. Merry Christmas to me!

    -Aunt EB

    ReplyDelete