Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baby Chatter Alarm Clock

I have to admit...one thing that worried me about becoming a mom is the lack of sleep you hear so much about. I love to sleep and as soon as I became pregnant I knew my restful days were numbered. However, it turns out Max is a pretty solid sleeper - 7:30PM to 7:30AM most nights. Even still, I never thought I'd actually like being woken up at 7:30 in the morning. In fact I have been through multiple alarm clocks over the years trying to find one with the least offensive sound to startle me out of a deep sleep (Mom: remember the "sunrise" alarm clock I got for Christmas one year??).

Now I have a fantastic alternative. Max's baby chatter. It's the best possible way to wake up. It generally starts with a very convincing monologue on something (although we're not sure what the topic is) the moment he wakes up. He babbles, squeals and throws in a few razzberries for effect. He's quite passionate about whatever it is he's talking about. After awhile Billy will go in and bring Max into bed with us. Max will continue his little lecture (complete with hilarious facial expressions) and Billy and I nod in interest at everything he says. This goes on until he realizes he's hungry. Then the conversation quickly turns into a demand for breakfast.

It's nice to go to bed alone as a couple and wake up as parents with a chubby baby in between us. I was never a morning person but now it's my absolute favorite part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment